Aug 17th, 2019
Looking to get a sweat in with a smaller group this Saturday? Check out our L1/L2 classes in Southie Orange. It’s the same great class without the crowd! Class times are at 9:30AM and 10:30AM. After class stay to mobilize with us! Every Saturday we offer an additional mobility class in Southie Green at Noon. Give your muscles some TLC after a long week of WODS! We’ll see you there!
Spartan Sprint At Fenway!
We’re excited to put a team together for the Spartan Sprint at Fenway this year and we’d love for you all to join us! Our team is registered for Sunday November 10th at 10AM. To register follow THIS LINK and review the steps below.
1. Click on The Sunday Morning start time
2. Click “Join A Team”
3. Pick “Crossfit Southie”
4. Team start is 10AM
5. Be sure to use our special discount code at check out for 50% OFF!! The code is CFSOUTHIE50
“For the eighth time, Spartans are invited to participate in the Fenway Stadium. Gain unprecedented access to previously closed off areas of America’s Most Beloved Ballpark.
Do burpees in the clubhouse, run on the warning track, and sprint through the finish line at home plate. With the Green Monster as the backdrop, Fenway is a perfect race for the whole family.
Additionally, take in historic Lansdowne street and Kenmore Square in the surrounding areas of the park. Once you finish the race, there is so much more the beautiful city of Boston has to offer.”
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Fenway is America’s oldest ballpark. There is history etched into the very foundations of the park. Wouldn’t you want to run on the same field the greatest baseball players of all-time have played on?
2. The kids will have a chance to run with Wally The Green Monster, the official mascot of the Red Sox.
3. Some of the most popular restaurants in Boston are a spear throw away from Fenway. Boston Beer Works, Cask’n Flagon, and Neptune Oyster to name a few.
Dynamic Warm Up Fun!
Teams of 3
15 Toes to Bar
50 Double Unders
12 Weighted Step-ups (1.5|1 in each hand)
-Each teammate starts on a different exercise. Once you have completed your movement, take a knee.Once all 3 team members have taken a knee, everyone rotates to the next exercise.
Once 3 rounds are complete, make your way to the 200m line as a team with a plate (45,25) and complete 6 50m sled pushes each. Once the sled pushes are complete run the long way with your plate back into the building for your time.
Level 2- (1|0.75)
Level 1- (0.75|0.5) or DBs
ADV – (90|50) on the sled pushes
Coaches Note: Sled should be light and fast
Start at 185|125 and add 10|5 after each successful lift. Stop after 2 misses.