Apr 25th, 2018
Barbell Shrugged Seminar
We have been invited to a special event at Crossfit Kells! Many of you have heard of Barbell Shrugged, which has been voted the top fitness podcast by Men’s Health and is widely considered by many the top CrossFit/Strength & Conditioning podcast. The show’s host, Mike Bledsoe, will be coming to CrossFit Kells on June 9th to host an all-day seminar!
Mike has established himself as a thought leader in our space, and is certainly known for being on the front lines of new approaches and ideas. He has hundreds of podcast episodes under his belt, including conversations with some the best in the world of CrossFit, diet, exercise, strength and conditioning. This seminar is for coaches and athletes. You can check out the course description and itinerary below!
“What’s the highest leverage thing you can be doing to improve yourself as an athlete and coach? This is the question that Mike has been asking himself for years. After much experimentation, coaching successful athletes, and watching many others sink into mediocrity, he has distilled his experience into those practices and understandings that create the biggest impact for the athlete.”
In this one day course we will cover:
- Creating programs that consider human development from conception to current state.
- What is actually separating the successful athletes from the mediocre.
- New physical maintenance principles that will reduce injury and improve overall health for all levels of athlete.
- Breathing mechanics to improve joint health in the rest of the body.
- How to get more out of each training session. Being a more effective athlete.
- Find out why you and/or your athletes don’t reach goals and don’t follow through.
- Mapping and navigating your “inner voice”.
- Introduction to relational, mindful, and authentic communication (the most overlooked and high leverage skill in fitness coaching today).
Tickets are $186 before 5/19/18, and $218 after. You can register by clicking here
1:00 on, :30 off
1. Bike/Ski Erg
2. Step Ups
3. Heavy Russian Kettlebell Swings
Single leg KB Deadlifts
3×10- 5 Each Side
2 Deadlifts @ 85-90%
60 Kettlebell Swings (1.5,1)
50 Goblet Step ups (1.5,1)
40/30 Calorie Bike
Level 2 – (1.5,1)
Level 1 – (1,0.75)
ADV – (2,1.5)
1.Floor Seated DB Strict press with legs straight 6×5
2. 10 Minute Nate
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 Kettlebell swings (2,1.5)
If you are looking for a different challenge scale up by performing strict hspus and muscle-ups