*We are Open for both Outdoor (No Mask Required) and Indoor (Mask Required per City of Boston mandate) Classes. We are primarily indoors now that temps are lower but midday’s and unseasonably warm days we will utilizing the parking lot for outdoor fitness. Check our schedule here for all upcoming class times* Click here to check our schedule to see if class will be primarily held Indoors or Outdoors.
When indoors, masks will be required. We will have disposable masks available for those who will be working out inside and need them.
Each week we look ahead at the forecast and the dryer, unseasonably warmer days we will plan for Outdoor Workouts.
There will always be an option to complete the workout indoors, but on favorable days the class will primarily be instructed Outdoors.
We will plan for indoor workouts and make use of pull up bars, etc.. on days where it’s too cold or wet to be outside. Our indoor/Outdoor schedule can be found on our Google Calendar and will be updated on Thursdays for the following. Indoor/Outdoor designation is always subject to change due to changes in weather.
There is a downside.. the parking lot will mostly off limits on days we plan for outdoor classes.
The parking landscape has changed a bit since last fall. We have a fence blocking our old running path and we “technically” are not allowed to park over there.
The street is still free parking but may be a bit busier due to more people actively in the City as the pandemic winds down. On primarily indoor days feel free to drive over mats and make use of the lot.
We plan to monitor the situation but hope to make outdoor classes work as there has been quite a bit of interest expressed and we could all use a little Vitamin D in our lives.
Running Classes comes with many rules and guidelines to ensure a safe environment among the COVID-19 virus. We are continuing to put the health and safety of our athletes first and taking the proper precautions and cleaning protocols to do so.
More on Outdoor Classes can be found at the bottom of this page.
- We have nearly 15,000 square feet of space which provides for plenty of space to keep distanced between athletes.
- Each station is equipped with disinfectant.
- Staff perform a thorough cleaning of any high-contact surfaces throughout the day and at the end of the night.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Not comfortable coming inside for a primarily run indoor class? You will have the freedom to complete the workout indoors or outdoors. As long as you have registered for class and there is space, we will make every effort to be flexible and meet your needs.
- Southie Green will be exclusively for classes. In order to keep distance, stations may extend into the Toaster (the space near the front desk).
- Southie Orange will be used for Open Gym. If Open Gym is not full, we may use these spots for class participants as well.
Registering for Classes
Registration can be done via the ZenPlanner app (iOs & Android available). Classes are available to register for beginning 48 hours in advance.
- If you hold a current CrossFit Southie membership, please download the ZenPlanner app and log in using the email address we have on file for you. If you have any trouble accessing your account, resetting your password or if your membership looks off, please email [email protected] and we will help you troubleshoot.
- If you are have previous CrossFit experience and would like to drop-in or sign up for a membership, please sign up here. Then, follow the prompts to set up a ZenPlanner account to reserve classes.
- If you are brand new to CrossFit, please email [email protected] We are not offering our traditional introductory session, but we will find a time for you to try it out!
- If you purchasing a membership/class pack or are making any changes to your membership it’s easier to do so in person or via email as in the past there have been instances where ZenPlanner has experienced connectivity issues leading to multiple charges.
Open gym hours are available for sign up via the ZenPlanner app. Please note that Open Gym sessions DO count toward your weekly class allowance.
Outdoor Classes – Back in Action!
We are using the parking lot in front of our building to provide the workout experience you know and love… all while keeping a safe distance. The health and safety of our members is our top priority, so we are following all state guidelines closely. Stations are set up to allow for necessary social distancing, no equipment will be shared, and we are following a strict cleaning protocol. Please read below for more details and information on how to join a class!
-The parking lot is closed to vehicles for safety when classes are primarily run outdoors. Street parking is available. Check our Google Calendar to find out which days are scheduled to be Outdoors/Indoors for the coming week.
-Please adhere to social distancing guidelines when arriving at the gym. If the previous class is finishing up, please make your way to an unoccupied mat or find a safe place to stand off to the side until class is finished.