Nov 20th, 2018
Author: Daniela Bitto
The Holiday Season is Upon Us! Here are 5 Tips on How To Survive Without Gaining 5!
By: Coach Michelle & Coach D
1. Reel It In. The holiday season isn’t just about your favorite foods. Start some new traditions with your family and loved ones. For example once your Thanksgiving day meal is over leave the food table and hang out somewhere else with your company. Bring a new board or card game to play, go outside for a game of football or a walk around the block.
Once the day is over reel it in. Out of the 38 days between Thanksgiving and New Years try to remember that Thanksgiving is only ONE of those days, just as your work holiday party is only ONE of those nights. Don’t let those special occasions take over the whole month. Enjoy and savor your favorite Thanksgiving Day food and leave it at that.
2. Meal Prep. So many people dread these two words and say “but I don’t have time.” Everyone has an hour. And if you really feel crunched for time, try a healthy meal delivery company or a grocery delivery service like Instacart. Meal prep is SO important. Keep it simple. A quick google search turns up tons of healthy, quick crockpot recipes that require very little skill or time. Overnight oats are a great go-to breakfast or snack that takes minutes to prepare. Even making one or two healthy meals for the week will make a difference. Frozen vegetables, uncooked lean turkey patties, chicken sausage, and pre-cooked and cut sweet potatoes are all easy, healthy food items that take minutes to whip up. Here are some recipes to get you started: 15 Easy Crock Pot Recipes and Healthy Freezer Meals
3. Stay Active. Now is not the time to stop going to the gym, and it is a great time to pick up a new fitness routine. Get out and walk during lunch breaks and track your steps for accountability. Get a fitbit or download a wellness app onto your iPhone. ALWAYS take the stairs, and park further away when holiday shopping.
Can’t make it to the gym? Body weight workouts are very effective if you are pressed for time. We have a variety of “At Home Wods” that can be done anywhere. If you are traveling, check out local gyms, search for safe running or walking routes, and find ways to stay active. Get family members to go for walks to break up meals. Listen to some podcasts to get a break. Read: Best 24 Podcasts of 2016 and 50 Ways to Walk More.
4. Stay hydrated and limit alcohol intake. This is one of the hardest things for most people. Booze is everywhere this time of year. Your body has no use for it nutritionally; it turns to sugar and is stored as fat, leaves you dehydrated, and leads to poor late night diet choices. Eating healthy and working out all week will not undo the damages of binge drinking every weekend, and yes, it will eventually catch up to you. This is not saying never drink again; just pick your battles.
If and when you do drink, choose something lower in calories and sugar (vodka soda with a splash of juice, light beer, red wine, etc.). Stay away from mixed drinks, and make sure to drink lots of water. Read: Healthy Water Alternatives and Bottoms Up: Choosing Healthier Drinks.
5. PORTION CONTROL. When attending holiday parties, try to make most of your plate vegetables, the other quarter lean protein (think grilled, baked, broiled), and the last quarter whole grains or starchy veggies. All the fiber from the veggies will help keep you full and satisfied and will help with sugar cravings. If you are surrounded by all your favorite treats, this will also help prevent you from overeating.
When it comes to desserts, try to pick one or two treats that you just cannot live without, get a small portion, and really enjoy it. You can also make a healthy dessert or side to share so you know there will be at least one healthier option. People will also appreciate having a healthier option amidst a sea of unhealthy ones.
Not all CBD is equal
We’ve cracked the code on bringing an organic, vegan, non GMO, full spectrum oil to the market. We manage the entire process from seed to oil, using a proprietary method to COMPLETELY extract the THC from our products — resulting in the purest CBD on the market.
No THC, just TLC
Our products will change the way you recover, manage stress, reduce inflammation, and enhance your day to day grind in your WOD and workplace.
Stop by tonight to learn more and try our oils and salve!
P1- Row 250m
P2- Wall Sit
P1- Row 250m
P2- Hollow Hold
2 Squat Cleans (80-90%)
Rest 4 Minutes
1 Squat Clean (90-102%)
13 Minute AMRAP
30 Clean and Jerks (135,95)
Level 2- 115,75
Level 1- 95,55, 1500m
Similar to the CrossFit Open. If you finish the workout head back to the rower and accumulate as much distance as possible
50’ Yoke Carry Heavy
50’ SandBag Hug Carry (190/140)
*Scale the HSWalk to 25ft or 3 Wall Climbs and Sandbag weight down as necessary